Summer is Coming – Home Security Tips
It’s true, summer is quickly approaching and will be here before you know it. I would like to offer a few home security tips during the up coming months. Many of you are planning on going on a vacation during the summer.
Here are a few things to do before you leave.
1) Test your alarm system with your central station at least 2 weeks before you go, many people wait until the day before they leave to test then realize they had changed phone services or something and the alarm is not communicating or arming so there it the big scramble to get it fixed before they leave the next day. Give yourself and us some time to fix any problems before going out of town.
2) make sure you have a neighbor take your mail and newspapers in. You can have the post office stop the mail for the week or so but it is best to have a neighbor take you mail in.
3) Set up a couple of lights in the house on a timer so it isn’t completely dark all week.
4) Notify people you trust that you will be out of town and to “keep an eye” on the house.
5) It is always a good idea to keep shrubs and bushes near the house trimmed up as to enable visability from the street to as much of the house as possible.
These are just a few tips to lower the chances of a burglar targeting your house. Enjoy the summer and any vacation with the peace of mind that your house is secure.